Skip to main content

Virtual Teaching

   I have always loved integrating technology into my classroom, and this year I was fortunate to teach completely virtual.I loved being able to observe the connection between school and home learning transference.My students worked on cross curricular projects and I was able to observe them using materials from home, and getting creative with their learning. They seemed to challenge themselves to make connections that even I would not have thought to address. I had students making stop motion movies related to our content and commercials that surpassed my expectations for their own businesses. Did you feel that you were able to make the real world connections more easily with your virtual students learning from home?

   In a previous district that I worked for, we would try to do home visits. Virtual teaching invited us in to their homes and them into our classroom.Their parents could listen to my instruction if they were interested in learning alongside their child. I had parents that sat with their children daily and would chime in from time to time. Although that made it a little challenging at times, I did love that the parents were involved in their child's learning. 
  
    

Comments